Fifth Day Teaching in Belize

Thankful. Grateful. Blessed.


Those are the four words that came to mind today as I sat in lunch with the teachers, in the gloomy classroom during a storm with minimal lighting, and more certainly when I said goodbye to my teacher and talked to my students about what we had planned for the last day. Today I am thankful for being able to spend 5, almost 6 days fully emerged into a classroom where I felt nothing but appreciated. I am even more thankful for the relationships that I made with students, especially those who took more effort. I am grateful for the students that I met. I am especially grateful to witness  the progress that these students have made, more specifically in writing over the 5 days. Being able to share with the faculty in the school the writing that these students have done and discuss the growth that had occurred was truly amazing. These faculty members are so eager to learn, and I don’t see them hindering the progress that these students have made. Lastly I am blessed, and I mean truly blessed. I am blessed with the life that I live, the resources I have, and the mentors I have in my career. I am beyond blessed for the mentor teacher I was placed with during my time in the village, and blessed to be able to learn and grow with such an amazing woman. Today was tough, and the realization of leaving is beginning to set in. Tomorrow will not be a goodbye, simply a see you later. 

-Brianna



Welcome to sports day San Pablo! Go crocodiles! Today was so much fun, but very tiring. The day began with a short meeting or dedication with all teachers and U of L teachers talking about the importance of humility. All students were separated into teams across grade levels, came up with a team chant and the games began! We spent the whole day playing games like tug of war, wheel barrow races, water balloon and egg toss, relay race, coke drinking, watermelon eating, and a game of volley ball. Watching the whole school, students and teachers, playing and competing against each other was a lot of fun. The U of L teachers competed in the watermelon eating competition, in which I placed 3rd. We are all very sad that tomorrow is our last day, but we are looking forward to one last day with these amazing people!

-Hannah P.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Belize Adventures Day 1

Meet the Teachers!

Fourth Day Teaching in Belize