Second Day Teaching in Belize

Day two in the village and boy do I feel blessed. I have experienced so many emotions in my lifetime, but nothing compares to what I have felt during the last two days. Yesterday was exciting but today was even better. Majority of the children were already anxiously awaiting the big white vans this morning upon our arrival. When we got out of the doors all of the children were smiling ear to ear running up to us hugging us like they hadn’t see us in years. I got goosebumps through my whole body. Today I taught my first full language arts lesson and regardless if some things didn’t go as planned, the children and my host teacher loved every single minute of it. This experience has been the most rewarding and life changing experience I have ever been apart of and we have only been in the schools for 2 days. 
During my day in the school I get to watch children play with the blowup beach balls, hula hoops and bubbles we have brought with us. We enjoy bonding time with the students by playing soccer (football), baseball and giving hugs. All of the children are so proud of every piece of work they complete and are instantly saying “Miss, miss, look at my work”! Little things mean the most. I will forever cherish every memory made and will always hold these children close to my heart. 
“A mind stretched by new experiences can never go back to its old dimensions” 
TRAVEL~LEARN~GROW 

-Caitlynn




Being inside the school of San Pablo is an experience that I could have never imagined and one that can never be matched. I have been able to form relationships with the students in and out of my class, along with my teacher and mentor. In such a short time, I feel like I gained such a love for the students and community. As the principal describe it “We are now a part of the San Pablo family” and I really believe it.

It was my second day visiting the school and today I felt so confident; I knew to expect our long, bumpy, dirt road ride into San Pablo, I knew which classroom to go to, I was learning student names, students hang onto me all the time, and I was taking the lead more in the classroom. I am now “Miss” if you need to reach me, and I am always hearing it from all directions to play games or just to hug and talk. During recesses and lunch the kids are playing volleyball, going swimming, futbol, and many more games like red rover – I am trying to be involved in everything I can but they are much better than me. The kids laugh at my face turning red when playing, saying “Miss, Miss! You’re face!” Just when I thought today could not get better, Mr. Acal took us to the beautiful river for PE, I was able to travel through the village and the students were so joyful and free, jumping off the rocks and playing while I just waded in the water up to my knees. My heart is so full, but I cannot wait to add even more to it. In just 3 days I’ve had memories that will last for life.

-Haylee



Comments

  1. Aww, I cried (surprise, lol), I feel that I am able to visualize through the blogs. So happy you are experiencing this! What an amazing gift for all involved.
    #yourawesome! #Iknowyoulovemyhashtags haha, Enjoy your third day!!
    Love you

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Belize Adventures Day 1

Meet the Teachers!

Fourth Day Teaching in Belize